- Top 10 Reasons to do business in Powder Springs
Top 10 Reasons to do business in Powder Springs
1. Advantageous Location
- Powder Springs is conveniently located near Interstates 20, 75 and 285. We are served by a well developed network of multi-lane highways including the Richard Sailors Parkway, James Parkway, East-West Connector, West Cobb Parkway and Powder Springs Road.
- Cobb County International Airport - McCollum Field is a major general aviation reliever airport for Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. Located only 20 miles northwest of downtown Atlanta, it is convenient to most business and tourist destinations in the region. Pilots will find the longest general aviation runway in the metro Atlanta area at 6,305' long, recently reconstructed with concrete. McCollum Field can accommodate approximately 95% of all general aviation aircraft.
- Approximately 23 miles to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the world's busiest airport, and 270 miles to the port of Savannah.
- Great access to Norfolk Southern Railroad
2. Market Access
- Significant local, visitor and traveling consumer bases.
3. Top Workforce
- Powder Springs is located in Cobb County which has the highest educated residents in the state of Georgia. In Cobb, 29 percent of residents (138,291) have a bachelor’s degree and 15 percent of residents have a graduate or professional degree.
- Cobb County is home to two universities – Kennesaw State University and Life University. Kennesaw State is the third-largest university within Georgia with an enrollment of over 41,000 students. Cobb County is also home to Chattahoochee Technical College.
- Worksource Cobb provides workforce development programs are available at little-to-no cost, and make a substantial impact to both businesses and employees who utilize their services. Residents may request career advice, search for local jobs, have his/her resume professionally reviewed, and request job-skill training from these programs.
- Over 35 percent of Powder Springs residents have a bachelor's degree or higher.
4. Low Operating Costs
- Competitive lease rates, land costs, construction costs and labor costs.
5. Low Property Tax Rate
- Favorable tax structure that is lower than most communities in the metro area average.
6. Superior Infrastructure
- Water, sewer, natural gas and broadband internet all readily available.
7. High Quality of Life
- One of our greatest assets, the Silver Comet Trail can be accessed from several trail connectors within Powder Springs. This fully paved trail was built over an abandoned rail line and named after the Silver Comet passenger Train runs from Smyrna, GA to the Georgia/Alabama line creating over 61 miles of walkable, joggable, bikable trail for your enjoyment!
- The beautiful Hardy Family Automotive Amphitheater began is conveniently located in the heart of Powder Springs with access to and from the Silver Comet Trail, a thoroughfare for both cyclists and pedestrians.Amenities include a fountain/splash pad, play area with climbing structure, and a variety of seating options including a large open lawn.
8. High Growth Community
- Powder Springs is one of the fastest growing communities in Cobb County. From 2013 – 2018 the available housing units in Powder Springs grew by 11.5%, compared to 3.5% growth in housing units for Cobb County, 3.6% for the State of Georgia, and 3.3% for the nation.
- Progressive, development-oriented city leadership
9. Stable, Diverse Economy
- Powder Springs has numerous significant employers in the area, including Home Depot, the Atlanta Braves, Comcast, Six Flags and RaceTrac.
- Active and growing, the Cobb Chamber of Commerce has more than 2,500 active members.
- Powder Springs is located 11 miles from Dobbins Air Force Base, supports more than 5,700 personnel from the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps. The total 2019 fiscal impact to Cobb County was $181 million, which is on par with recent years. This includes military payroll as well as money spent in the local area, expenses paid to local civilian contractors, and other related expenses.
10. Historical Downtown
- Attractive, historic Downtown Powder Springs offers unique shopping, dining, and entertainment experiences.