- Community Development
- Alcohol Licensing
- License Requirements & Identification
License Requirements & Identification
To apply for an Alcoholic Beverage License you may obtain an application from the City’s Business License Division. Include with the application a processing fee of $500, the citizenship (SAVE) affidavit, the Private Employer affidavit, and one secure and verifiable document, a survey plat of the site completed by a certified surveyor, and proof of training in responsible alcohol sales and service. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
An application must also be filed with the Georgia Department of Revenue Alcohol Unit to obtain a State Alcoholic Beverage License. Information may be found at: Alcohol and Tobacco - Georgia Department of Revenue.
All businesses with a city Alcoholic Beverage License, pouring and package, are required to pay an annual Federal Special Tax to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Please call (800) 937-8864 or (513) 684-2979 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Eastern time for more information and forms.
IdentificationOnly the following forms of identification are accepted:
- Any State's Driver's License
- Military Identification
- State-Issued Identification Card
Hours of Operation / Sale
- Package, Distilled Spirits – 8:00 a.m. – 11:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday
- Package, wine and malt beverages – 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Monday through Friday (Saturday morning) and 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. Saturday.
- Pouring, distilled spirits, wine and malt beverages – Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. These hours may be extended by special sales permit and Sunday sales permit as provided in code. Additionally, the hours of operation may be extended for New Year's Eve to 2:55 a.m. New Year's Day.
- Wholesalers – sunup to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
- Election days - the sale of alcoholic beverages in the city shall be permitted on election days, as the same are defined in O.C.G.A. § 3-3-20.
Sunday SalesPouring - In addition to the hours of operation noted above, those licensed to pour may sell and serve on Sundays from 12:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., provided the licensee applies for and receives a Sunday sales permit for such sales from the city. The hours of operation for pouring may be extended for New Year's Eve when the holiday falls on Sunday to allow licensees who also hold a Sunday sales permit to sell and serve alcoholic beverages until 2:55 a.m. on Monday.
Package - In addition to the hours of operation noted above, licensees of package distilled spirits and wine and malt beverages establishments may sell on Sundays from 12:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., provided the licensee applies for and receives a Sunday sales permit for such sales from the city.
Time limit on vacating premises after conclusion of hours of operation.
In all locations licensed to serve alcoholic beverages by the drink, both public and private, said premises must be vacated of customers within thirty (30) minutes of the conclusion of the hours of operation as established by this chapter.
Persons required to obtain an Alcohol Work Permit
- All employees of liquor package stores.
- All employees of businesses with a pouring license, except employees who do not serve or sell alcohol to customers, such as busboys, cooks, dishwashers, hostesses, maintenance and administrative staff.
- All managers and security personnel of package or pouring establishments.
- All employees of convenience stores
R.A.S.S. Workshop Applications (Responsible Alcohol Sales and Services)
- Evindi Policy Workshop for Owners and Licensees
- Stumpe – Responsible Alcohol Sales and Service Policy Workshop
- Training Institute for Responsible Vendors