- Economic Development
Thank you for choosing Powder Springs as a place to do business!
Powder Springs is growing at a tremendous pace and is one of the fastest growing cities in Cobb County with close to 16,000 residents. From 2013 – 2018 the available housing units in Powder Springs grew by 11.5%, compared to 3.5% growth in housing units for Cobb County, 3.6% for the State of Georgia, and 3.3% for the nation. Powder Springs is a place where people want to live and locate businesses and represents an increasingly significant consumer base.
The City continues to make sure Powder Springs is a great community to conduct business and an attractive community in which to grow or locate a new business. Always remember the City is here to serve and help you. I and your Council Members, pride ourselves on our transparency and accessibility. You can also now keep up with the City through our social media! Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cityofpowdersprings/.
The City supports your success and we look forward to continuing to work with you. Businesses such as yours are the backbone of our local economy and we look forward to supporting you and your business.
Great Things about Powder Springs
- Available land for development
- Hometown feel with low crime, in the Metro Atlanta area
- Strong local market primed further growth for development
- Growth in consumer spending power and untapped demand in several industries
- Low cost of doing business
- Custom incentive packages available
- Marketing, business, and workforce development programs
- Dedicated City staff members committed to assisting with requirements for relocation and development
The City of Powder Springs is located in southwest Cobb County approximately 24 miles west of Downtown Atlanta and approximately 23 miles northwest of Hartsfield Jackson airport.
- Land area: 7.17 square miles, of which 0.16% is water
- Population density: 1945 persons per square mile
Local organizations, great leadership, and community spirit are what make Powder Springs such a unique community to live and do business in. The established partnerships between local business and government leaders foster a cooperative foundation for anticipated business development. This support network includes: Cobb Chamber of Commerce, Cobb County Economic Development Office, South Cobb Business Association, and SelectCobb. The aim is to create long-term relationships that will enable the growth of commerce and quality of life in Powder Springs.
- Population, 2021: 16,887
- Population change since 2000: +13.04%
- Median household income, 2016 - 2020: $72,810
- Owner-occupied housing unit rate, 2016-2020: 80.1%
- Median value of owner-occupied housing units, 2016-2020: $181,000
- Median gross rent, 2016 -2020: $1,296
- Population by Race, 2021:
- Black or African American Alone: 56%
- White Alone, Not Hispanic or Latino: 29.5%
- Hispanic or Latino: 14.7%
- Asian: 1.5%