Yard Waste & Brush
Yard WasteYard waste is provided to City of Powder Springs sanitation customers that reside inside and/or outside the city limits. Yard Waste consists of such items as grass clippings, leaves, and pinestraw.
The City does not issue yard waste containers.
If you have bagged yard waste or limb piles that are over the maximum allowed and will incur charges, you must call and request a work order for your items to be picked up.
Holiday ScheduleYard waste will not be picked up the following weeks:
- April 22 - 26, 2019
- May 27 - 31, 2019
- July 8 - 12, 2019
- September 2 - 6, 2019
- December 2 - 6, 2019
- December 30, 2019 - January 3, 2020
- Yard waste pick up is on Mondays only.
- Must be at curb by 7 a.m.
- Must be in biodegradable paper bags - No plastic bags (state law prohibits plastic in compost landfills)
- No rocks, dirt, bricks or landscaping type materials
- Up to 6 bags can be picked up at no charge
- Bags should not exceed 50 pounds each
- 1-6 bags no charge
- 7-12 bags $9.50
- 13-20 bags $12
- 21-30 bags $17
- 31-40 bags $22
- 41-50 bags $32 (50 bags is the maximum per week)
BrushBrush pick up is provided to City of Powder Springs sanitation customers that reside inside the city limits only. We do not pick up brush for residents outside the city limits.
- Brush pick up is on Mondays only.
- Must be at the curb by 7 a.m.
- Limbs and branches should be no more than 6 inches in diameter and 3 feet long.
- The pile of limbs and branches cannot exceed 3 feet wide by 3 feet high by 3 feet deep.
- Only 1 pile per week per household will be picked up.
The city does not have a chipper nor does it provide any mulch.
In the event that any landscaper, contractor, tree service company or any other professional services perform work for a resident and that work generates any trash, scrap or refuse the contractor shall be responsible for the removal of such items. It shall not be the duty of the city to dispose of any trash that results from the work of 3rd parties.