- Property Tax
OverviewThe Finance Department is responsible for the billing and collection of property taxes for the city government. Property tax bills provide a description of the property, taxable values and details of the calculation of the tax bill. The property tax millage rate is 9.5 mills.
School TaxThe City of Powder Springs does not have a school tax. School taxes are included with your property tax bill you receive from Cobb County.
BillsProperty tax bills are normally prepared and mailed out by the end of September and are due 60 days later. Taxes are considered delinquent if not received by Dec. 1. The interest provision of HB960 applies to most taxes owed to local governments. These include real and personal property taxes, alcoholic beverage taxes, hotel motel tax, and sales and use tax and refunds. Current law allows 1% per month (12% annually) to be collected on delinquent taxes. HB960 changes this interest calculation to .542% per month based on an annual calculation of the Federal Prime Rate (3.5%) plus 3%. This annual interest rate will change when the Federal Reserve announces the new bank prime loan rate each January.
If you own property in Powder Springs and have not received your tax bill during this time, please contact the Finance Department at 770-943-1666. Failure to receive a bill does not relieve property owners of the responsibility to make payment by the due date.
Cobb County Tax Commissioner
Cobb County Tax Assessor
Property tax payments may be mailed to:
City of Powder Springs
P.O. Box 46
Powder Springs, GA 30127
Payments may be made in person at:
Powder Springs Police Department
1114 Richard D. Sailors Parkway
Powder Springs, GA 30127
Monday - Thursday (except holidays)
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Staff available via phone or email Monday - Friday (except holidays)
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
After hours you can deposit your check payment, no cash, in the night deposit box near the drive through windows at City Hall.
- Where do I pay my City property taxes?
- Does the City of Powder Springs have a school tax?
- What if I don't receive a property tax bill?
- When are the City of Powder Springs taxes billed and due?
- How is the amount due of my Property Tax determined?
- I paid these taxes at closing - why am I getting a tax bill?
- What are the tax exemptions available in the City and when do I apply for these?
- What happens if my tax bill is paid after the due date?
- Is my tax statement sent directly to my mortgage company?
- I sold this property. Why am I getting the tax bill?