Collection Tips & Procedures
- On your designated collection day, your cart should be placed at the curb right-of-way no later than 7 a.m. Please place your cart no less than 3 feet from mailboxes, trees vehicles or any other obstruction that may cause difficulty in accessing or seeing your cart. Please do not park vehicles in the street as this makes it difficult to maneuver garbage trucks through city streets.
- No personal containers, such as store-bought plastic or metal trash cans, etc will be collected due to potential damage and/or incompatibility with the sanitation trucks. All garbage must fit inside the city issued container provided to you. In the event you cannot place all garbage in your city container, extra trash must be bagged or boxed and you must call the Public Works Department and request a work order. Additional charges will apply.
- Please note that in order to expedite more efficient service to our customers and to compensate for unforeseen circumstances, we may have to occasionally re-route drivers. This would not change your collection day, but may alter the collection time that you are accustomed to. Therefore, it is very important to have your garbage out no later than 7 a.m. on your respective day.
- On windy days, the sanitation workers may lay your cart down to prevent it from being knocked over by strong winds.
- Please bag all trash. This will ensure that all garbage makes it into the truck. When papers or other loose materials are not bagged and the can is dumped, wind and pressure tend to blow materials onto city roadways and yards.
- Compact garbage, flatten boxes and containers as much as possible and remove excess air from bags in order to get more trash into your cart.
- Do not place hot ashes, hot liquids or flammables in the carts.
- Please containerize broken glass, mirrors or any other sharp objects and label "SHARP".
- Residents are responsible for the cleanliness of their cart.
- All carts are property of the city. If damages beyond repair occur, the resident shall assume the responsibility and must pay the cost of a replacement.